Sunday 23 August 2015

Skulduggery Friendships

I am continually perplexed as to why people feel the need to create rumors. High school is stressful enough when it comes to exams and assignments, but then some individuals feel the need to start rumors. It is petty. It is pathetic. It is just stupid. Rumors have no ounce of truth to them what so ever and exist simply to hurt people. It's even worse when these rumors are started by someone you think is your friend. It hurts to think that someone you care about, and it supposedly loyal to you can turn around in an instant and do something like this to you.

I have not understood the pain of rumors and disloyal friends completely until recently. Of course I've had to deal with similar situations before, but nothing to this scale. It seems almost as if the stress of school is making everyone lose their minds.

After the rumor thing, I didn't think it could get any worse, but then a good friend of mine started to date someone I used to have a thing with. I have never understood the reason people do things like this. Is this what everyone is like at their core, or am I just unfortunate to have become friends with the wrong people.

I don't know what to do. I know I should rid this sort of negativity from my life but I've cut ties with too many friends this year as it is. I don't need this sort of negativity or drama in my life right now. It's times like these that I really hate high school.