Tuesday 28 July 2015

Permafrost

This about says it all right now...

Laurena Segura - Permafrost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUfIUQtRUY

Sometimes I feel like I am permafrost
Alone in the tundra and really lost
And to think that this is how I feel
Like the ground is melting and nothing's real

And in the taiga everybody knows
That you shouldn't wander where the hemlock grows
When the land is vast and the wind blows fast
Will you stay with me if the darkness last?

I know I have nothing to give so may as well give up and live

You say I'm breaking your friends heart
But meanwhile you're tearing mine apart
So stop asking me if she loves you back
If it's charm you have then it's courage you lack

But I want your love and I want it now
I'd ask you for it but I don't know how
I want to hold you tight and I want to now
I'd say I love you but I don't know how

It's done

It's done

And I remember when we rode the bus
Through the boreal forest and the winter frost
I put my head on your shoulder but you moved away
I said I wasn't tired anyway

And I pretended that I didn't care
But I hid a few tears behind a lock of hair
And I was tired and I needed sleep
So I swallowed my pride and I changed seat

Again

So I'd rather you make up your mind
A little faster, you're such a waste of time
So I'd rather you make up your mind
A little faster, you're such a waste of time

And you wanted more but you needed less
'Cause you think that you're better than the rest
And I wanted less but I needed more
'Cause you left all I had on the forest floor

And In the mixed forest with the lakes galore
You always left me wanting more
And in the mixed forest with the lakes galore
You left my heart on the forest floor

I know I have nothing to give so may as well give up and live


Laurena Segura - Permafrost Lyrics | MetroLyrics